Now that the WAX Blockchain is live, we’re launching a $25,000 #BuildOnWAX competition. Duplicate an existing EOS dApp onto WAX or build a brand new one, and you can be one of the three prize winners and earn up to $10,000!
- Duplicate an existing EOS dApp on WAX, or
- Build a dApp on WAX
- The open source code must be provided with your entry
Five entrants will win prizes, totalling $25,000.
1st place: $10,000
2nd place (two winners): $5,000
3rd place (two winners): $2,500
How to enter the #BuildOnWAX competition:
There will be three entry rounds. To enter for each round (and subsequent rounds if you apply), tweet a link to your project to @wax_io using the hashtag #BuildOnWAX
Round 1: Enter your project by July 15, 2019 @ 11:59pm EST
Round 2: All entrants of Round 1 will have until July 22, 2019 @ 11:59pm EST to improve their projects. No new entries will be permitted into this Round - it is only open to participants of Round 1.
Round 3: Select entrants of Round 2 will have until July 30, 2019 @ 11:59pm EST to improve and finalize their projects. No new entries will be permitted into this Round.
How to launch EOS dApps on WAX:
1) Visit account.wax.io and make a WAX Blockchain account (requires linking a Scatter wallet)
2) Have enough WAX staked in your account to allocate resources
3) Install the standard cleos developer tool. You can install that following the setup instructions in our main repo: https://github.com/worldwide-asset-exchange/wax-blockchain
4) Ensure that you have compiled your contract with a compatible CDT. Currently this is EOS CDT 1.4.1
5) Make an account for your smart contract:
cleos -u https://chain.wax.io system newaccount <myWAXAccount> <contractAccount> <contractAccountPublicKey> --stake-net '0.50000000 WAX' --stake-cpu '0.50000000 WAX' --buy-ram-kbytes <sufficient RAM for your contract>"
6) Deploy your smart contract:
cleos set contract <contractAccount> <path to my compiled contract code> <wasm file name>.wasm <abi file name>.abi
These instructions can be performed easily by using dockerized equivalents of these commands. This is demonstrated in our Hello World example which is available here: https://github.com/worldwide-asset-exchange/wax-blockchain/tree/develop/samples/hello-world
Let us know what you think by joining the WAX community: