WAX is less than two months into the mainnet launch and is already raising the bar for what DPoS blockchains can achieve. WAX has the highest rate of voter participation among DPoS blockchains today, in part because of the governance system we designed to increase community participation in the selection of guilds and blockchain improvement proposals. Dozens of dApps have been built on WAX or duplicated onto WAX from EOS, and countless projects are in progress both from the WAX Team and from the dev community.
Coming up in the near future from WAX is:
- The WAX Developer Portal (called WAX Hive): a hub for dApps to gain access to the WAX Service Layer APIs and documentation, including quick-start guides, case studies, tutorials and more.
- The WAX Worker Proposal System (WPS): a program being developed by HKEOS that’s designed to incentivize and compensate community developers who build upon the WAX Blockchain. We are grateful for HKEOS’s support on this initiative, will unlock benefits for the entire WAX Community.
- Onboarding the first Inspector General: The office of the Inspector General will provide ongoing transparency for the community in voting by evaluating the contribution of guild candidates to the WAX community. We anticipate this will be one of the first proposals accepted into the WPS.
Introducing the WAX Guild Candidate Showcase
In the best interests of the WAX community and WAX Guild Candidates, we have decided to launch the WAX Guild Candidate Showcase. The WAX Guild Candidate Showcase initiative offers WAX Guild candidates the opportunity to showcase to prospective voters the value that they can add to the WAX Platform and WAX Community, and to be voted in as a WAX Guild before the office of the Inspector General is fully live and operational.
We are launching this because we are eager to begin adding new WAX Guild Candidates into the top 21 for block producer positions. However, before the office of the Inspector General is fully live and operational, the WAX team needs a way to identify who the most valuable WAX Guild Candidates are - ones who will bolster the WAX ecosystem to reach the goal of achieving mass adoption. During this temporary period (until the office of the Inspector General is filled and this neutral third-party can evaluate WAX Guild Candidates’ contribution to the ecosystem), we will be voting on WAX Guilds based on their participation in the WAX Guild Candidate Showcase.
We believe this is the best possible short-term initiative to benefit both the WAX community as well as WAX Guild candidates who can begin producing blocks and therefore earning WAX Guild Rewards sooner (rather than waiting for the office of the Inspector General to be filled in the near future).
The following areas are what we feel are most valuable at this time, however WAX Guild Candidates should feel free to submit your own projects outside of these suggested categories:
WAX Guild Candidate Showcase Categories
- Infrastructure - Supporting the underlying codebase of the blockchain including security audits, DDoS protection, bug patches, oracle services, interoperability with other blockchains, and mainnet repository maintenance.
- Community - Supporting the resources and spaces that bring people together. This includes meetups, educational content and platforms, PR, lawyers, advocates, and lobbyists. Examples may include establishing, growing and maintaining a Chinese speaking community, a Spanish speaking community, and/or a Russian speaking community.
- Development - Supporting developers and ideas including support for dApps and applications. Leveraging the tools available in the upcoming developer portal.
- Miscellaneous - Projects that may not fit into other categories but are still valuable.
Submitting your Proposal
If you are a WAX Guild Candidate and wish to submit a proposal for the WAX Guild Candidate Showcase, please use this form to explain your project in the context of a SMART goal. A SMART goal is one that is:
- Specific – target a specific area for improvement (see above categories)
- Measurable – quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress
- Assignable – specify who will do it
- Realistic – state what results can realistically be achieved, given available resources
- Time-related – specify when the result(s) can be achieved
If the WAX Team accepts your proposal, we will contact you directly. Please plan to submit proof of progress reports every 30 days from the day of acceptance until the project is complete in order to maintain your position as a WAX Guild.
What’s next for WAX Guild Candidates and the WAX Guild Candidate Showcase
The WAX Guild Candidate Showcase is a temporary measure. In the next few weeks, we will accept proposals, evaluate progress, and vote for WAX Guild Candidates who are working on them in an order based on which proposals we feel will contribute most based on the categories above.