EOS dApp developers easily duplicate their dApp onto WAX with just a few clicks, and immediately gain access to WAX Token holders and millions of OPSkins customers. This exposes your project to a community of video gaming enthusiasts who are already using RNG-based dApps and trading NFTs. To learn all the advantages to running your dApp on WAX, read: The Top 10 Reasons to Run dApps on WAX
Here’s how to launch EOS dApps on WAX:
1) Visit account.wax.io and make a WAX Blockchain account (requires linking a Scatter wallet)
2) Have enough WAX staked in your account to allocate resources
3) Install the standard cleos developer tool. You can install that following the setup instructions in our main repo: https://github.com/worldwide-asset-exchange/wax-blockchain
4) Ensure that you have compiled your contract with a compatible CDT. Currently this is EOS CDT 1.4.1
5) Make an account for your smart contract:
cleos -u https://chain.wax.io system newaccount <myWAXAccount> <contractAccount> <contractAccountPublicKey> --stake-net '0.50000000 WAX' --stake-cpu '0.50000000 WAX' --buy-ram-kbytes <sufficient RAM for your contract>"
6) Deploy your smart contract:
cleos set contract <contractAccount> <path to my compiled contract code> <wasm file name>.wasm <abi file name>.abi
These instructions can be performed easily by using dockerized equivalents of these commands. This is demonstrated in our Hello World example which is available here: https://github.com/worldwide-asset-exchange/wax-blockchain/tree/develop/samples/hello-world
Your dApp is now live on WAX! Please note that depending on how your dApp’s onboarding process is built, your customers may need to create a WAX Account to use your dApp on WAX.
Let us know what you think by joining the WAX community: