The following guide shows how simple it is to create a WAX Blockchain Account to interact with the WAX Blockchain. All newly-created WAX Blockchain Accounts come with two auto-staked WAX Tokens and some RAM which allows you to create a free account.
How to create a WAX Blockchain Account
In order to create your WAX Blockchain Account, head over to https://all-access.wax.io/signup and choose your preferred Log-in method:
- Email & Password
How to set up a WAX Blockchain Account
In this next step simply click the orange button that says "CREATE ACCOUNT" to create your WAX Blockchain Account.
For your security, all WAX Blockchain Accounts must have Two-Factor Authentication enabled. To enable 2FA for your Account, follow these steps:
- Click "ENABLE 2FA"
- Enter the code that has been sent to your previously entered email address (or the email address that is associated to your login method) and click "Continue"
- Next up you see a QR Code as shown on the image below. Scan this QR Code with your 2FA application on your phone (we recommend using Google Authenticator or Authy)
- Now enter the code displayed in your mobile application and click "Continue" to secure your account.
- The next window shows "Setup Complete." Write down the recovery code in case you have to recover your 2FA and click "Finish."
The next step also ensures your WAX Blockchain Account is secure as possible.
- Click "Verify Phone" to continue.
- To further verify your WAX Blockchain Account, choose the country you're from and enter your phone number.
- Heard the notification sound on your phone? That's us. Please enter the code we've just sent you via SMS and click "Verify"
How to link your WAX Blockchain Account to a Scatter Wallet
This step describes how you link your WAX Blockchain to Scatter. The Scatter Wallet is used to perform actions on the WAX Blockchain. (If you are an advanced user, you can use any EOS compatible wallet.)
First install the latest version of Scatter (11). Download here and follow these steps:
- If this is your first time installing Scatter, click "I'm new to blockchain" and accept the Terms of Service and enter a secure password.
- Next click "Generate Key" in the bottom right corner and choose "EOSIO"
- From here, click "Back" to see your generated key on the Scatter Dashboard.
- Click the three dots (...) menu top right as shown on the image below to trigger the drop-down menu and click "Copy Public Key"
- Now head back to your browser window and simply paste the copied public key into the "Public Key" field, enter the 2FA code from your mobile app and click "CONFIRM PUBLIC KEY"
Note: If you haven't already, click on "Networks" -> "EOSIO" and turn "WAX" on.
Congratulations, you did it! Your WAX Blockchain Account is now successfully linked to your Scatter Wallet. Your WAX Blockchain Account name is displayed and has the following format: xxxxx.waa
Learn more about WAX Blockchain Accounts: wax.io/blog/a-sneak-peek-of-wax-account-features
Ran into issues? Get further assistance and join our WAX Community channels: