For all news related to the WAX Blockchain mainnet and protocol token release, click here.
We’ve announced that the WAX Blockchain mainnet and WAX Protocol Tokens will be live on June 30, 2019, plus details on staking, voting, Staking Rewards, and more. Now we want to share with the community information about one of the key products we’re building that holds all these features together - and more!
Introducing the WAX Account.
The WAX Account is similar to a wallet, except that it doesn’t store private keys. Your WAX Account is designed to provide more utility than a standard wallet and we will be rolling out additional feature enhancements.
On June 30, 2019, WAX Token holders will be able to perform the following activities directly from their WAX Account. Note: In order to stake, vote, and claim rewards, you must link your WAX Account to your Scatter wallet.
- Create a WAX Blockchain account using WAX All Access
- Stake your WAX Tokens by linking your WAX Account to your Scatter wallet. At mainnet launch, you will use your Scatter wallet to stake any WAX Protocol Tokens you acquire or earn through Staking Rewards and Genesis Block Member Rewards. Note: Your Genesis WAX Protocol Tokens will be automatically staked without the need to link to your Scatter wallet.
- Vote with your WAX Protocol Tokens. In order to vote, you will need to link your WAX Account to your Scatter wallet.
- Claim your Staking Rewards and your Genesis Block Member Rewards. In order to claim these rewards, you will need to link your WAX Account to your Scatter wallet.
- Track your WAX Token balances and Staking Rewards
- View your NFTs
Ledger Wallet Owners:
You can store your WAX Protocol Token private keys on your Ledger hardware wallet. However, to stake your WAX Protocol Tokens, you will need to link your Ledger wallet to your Scatter wallet.
This is just the start of what WAX Token holders can do with their WAX Account. More features are coming. We can’t wait to show them to you.
Let us know what you think by joining the WAX community:
Disclaimer: WAX reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, change, edit, alter, delete and/or replace the terms of the launch of, and other information concerning, the WAX Mainnet found in this post at any time and without notice. You are encouraged to check the latest information on the launch of the WAX Mainnet on the WAX website at https://wax.io/.